Well, it's been a long time since I have blogged. Many things have happened since 2016. We made a family decision that we wanted to be closer to all my family back in Tennessee. Time was slipping away and we just wanted to be as close as we could. Our goal was to be in Tennessee by 2019 or 2020. We made it by July of 2019. But it wasn't easy.😐😐
The whole move in general was not easy and had to be very strategic in our planning. There were many things that needed to be taken care of before we even thought about moving to Tennessee. Believe me, the move to the Carolinas from Tennessee was so much easier than trying to get back to Tennessee. In short, we made multiple trips to the Nashville area and thought we were buying land and building. HaHa, that changed so quickly. We worked with a realtor for well over a year and couldn't believe all the competition that was involved in trying to buy a house. We would make an offer and then someone would out bid us. We had never seen anything like this. April of last year I was offered a position at the school that I am now employed and it was so exciting. The only scary part was that we didn't have a place to live and no direction on where this would reside. We knew we wanted to be close to my school but wasn't sure where Dwayne would end of with his job. What if it was far away from where I got a job? Wowzers, so many uncertainties!!
After many offers on homes and getting outbid, we finally found a house that we kinda liked....I wish I could use the word love but we had to have a vision here. It was an Open Door home; which we were used to seeing these in Charlotte Metro, but it was a new thing in the Nashville area. Because people were so uncertain about buying through Open Door, no one swooped in from under us to get this house. We finally had this house and able to see the light to call it home. We had hiccups for sure and lots of uncertainties, but on July 12, 2019, we got the keys. We have had many projects since and have been able to slowly fall in love with it's character over anything.
I started a new job and this came with lots of new changes for me. When you work in the same school district for 10 years, you get used to the everyday flow of things and you get through your days with no problems or questions and most of all, people would come to me with so many technology questions and wanted my help and I would hold Professional Developments with teachers. I was a well respected teacher, because everyone knew me. These were the things that kept me inspired. Changing schools was tough... So I adapted with setbacks, feeling behind, not understood, trying to make new friends, asking a million questions, and I just felt like a new teacher all over again and I'm now on my 20th year of teaching! There was so much to learn in what I thought a short amount of time, but then again, I had 10,000 other responsibilities. Although we had a house and I had a job, my husband was not with us.......yet.
Not having Dwayne here hurt more than anything. We knew there was a chance that he wouldn't be here with us at the same time, but we didn't know it would be as long as it was. He had a really big opportunity that slipped through the cracks slowly but surely and it was tough to see things slowly fade away into the distance with an opportunity that turned into silence. At any rate, D continued to plug away at opportunities and he found a job that will forever hold no regret. It took him 5 months to live here, He would travel to see us every single weekend and I remember I always hated Sundays because that was our hardest day....it was saying goodbye until the next weekend. All and all I had it all under control with as few glitches as possible.
Aniston got involved with many things; which I think helped keep her focused and Aiden started school for the first time. The kids were great through all of this and that was all that mattered to me.
December 7, 2019, D moved here!! He started his new and awesome job and things would surely settle from here on out and we could start building toward a bit of normality, right?
Then here comes Covid 19



No comments:
Post a Comment